If your feet are a little bigger than average, chances are you feel a bit self conscious about them, right? You might feel as if they look ‘manly’, ‘unfeminine’ or just plane ‘ugly’, but the truth is; big feet can look gorgeous too. Remember; you’re your own worst critic, and it’s only you who’s going to be judging your feet. Nobody else will even notice! But, if it makes you feel better, here’s what you can do to make your feet look pretty, no matter their size:
Give Yourself A Full Pedicure
The first thing your feet need to make them look presentable, is a full pedicure. You can book in for one of these at a salon, or you can do it yourself at home to save some money. Here’s what to do:
- Take off any old nail polish with acetone, and clip your toenails straight across.
- Use a file to smooth the edges of your toe nails, remembering to keep them straight as you can cause ingrown toenails otherwise.
- Soak your feet in a bowl of warm-hot water and relax for 15 minutes until your skin has softened.
- Push back your cuticles and clip them if necessary, then scrape off all of your dead skin with a ped egg or foot file.
- Lightly buff your toenails, separate with tissue or toe separators, and then use a base coat on them and leave to dry.
- Paint your toenails with your chosen colour, using 2 coats for full coverage. Try to get as close to the edges as possible without getting it on your skin. Leave to dry.
- Apply your top coat and leave to dry.
- Apply a nice thick moisturiser and some cuticle oil – your feet will look as good as new!
Buy Shoes That Fit
If you cram your feet into shoes that are too small because you’re embarrassed about your size, this is not only bad for your feet, it can make them look bigger. Audrey Hepburn used to wear shoes half a size too big for her so her feet didn’t look cramped! It can be hard to find shoes in larger sizes in the shops, so try a website like www.katielongshoes.co.uk!
Wear Shoes With Accents
Accents on a shoe can draw attention away from the size of the foot. Go for big bows, diamantes, and any other accents/patterns you can find.
Try a Medium Sized Heel
Medium sized heels can make your feet look smaller as opposed to flat shoes! Not only that, they’ll also make you stand taller, give you a better looking figure, and get you lots of looks for all of the right reasons.
Say No To Pointy Toes
A pointy toed shoe is a big footed girls worst enemy. Round shoes are your best bet if you’re paranoid about your feet, so shun all pointy toed designs in favour of them!
By trying the tips above, you’ll have amazing looking feet that don’t look nearly as big. Only you notice your feet anyway, so try to forget about the size of them and just enjoy making them look pretty!